A list of my notable experience and published works.
Technical Writer – Koniag Technology Solutions (2015 – Present)
I create and maintain technical documentation, including hardware and software guides, for a wide variety of users.
Technical Writer – GANTECH Inc. (2014-2015)
I edited business and technical documents for grammar, proper formatting, and accuracy.
Technical Writer/Editor – Medical Device Depot (2010-2014)
I was the technical editor for Medical Device Depot, a small medical distributor based in Maryland. In addition to maintaining the website, I wrote quick reference guides for medical devices, sales material, and other web content.
I also created a website for their subsidiary company Advanced Clinical Products using Adobe Dreamweaver.
News Intern – UMBC Magazine – Alumni Profiles (2009)
I interned with UMBC’s alumni magazine and interviewed several distinguished alumni. See the list below for links to my published works:
- The Mascot Game – UMBC Alumnus Steve Butz alternates between clinical psychology and O’s mascot.
- Plotting Pedagogy – An alumni profile of Scott Jeffrey, Geospatial Applications professor and winner of Maryland’s 2008 U.S. Professor of the Year.
- Fund-Amental Leader – An alumni profile of Gustavo Matheus, winner of the 2009 UMBC Outstanding Alumni Award.
M.S. Professional Writing – Towson University (Spring 2012)
- Designing Content for the Web (PRWR628)
- Editing (PRWR617)
- Technical Writing & Information Design (PRWR623)
- Design Layout & Production (PRWR625)
- Business Writing (PRWR621)
- Creating Online Help (PRWR637)
B.A. English and B.A. Media & Communication Studies – University of Maryland Baltimore County (Fall 2009)
- Interpersonal Communication (SPCH210)
- Intercultural Communication (MLL305)
- Technical Editing (ENGL394)
- Technical Writing (ENGL393)
- Web Design & Authoring (ENGL387)
- History & Theory of Communications (MCS333)
- Facebook Culture (MCS370)
- Feature Writing (ENGL382)
- Language In Society (ENGL407)